Molecure SA is an innovative biotech company that specializes in discovering, developing and commercializing new medicines used in the therapy of inflammatory, fibrotic and cancer diseases. We are developing projects to discover potential first-in-class or best-in-class drugs for diseases that currently represent unmet medical needs.
Our team is made up of experienced specialists who undertake research challenges every day to provide better and more effective therapies for patients.
Currently, we are dynamically developing and expanding the areas of our work and the technologies we use, and we are looking for an experienced person for the position of:
Place of work: Warsaw
This position is a part of Bioinformatics Group within the Biology Department. Person on this position will build the Bioinformatics group. The main responsibility of this group will be to support the company’s RNA-targeted drug discovery process (on each of its stages, i.e. from the evaluation of the druggable regions through modelling of RNA and RNA-ligand complexes).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide drug discovery and drug design support using computational chemistry tools
- Realize key contributions in virtual screening, hit to lead and lead optimization stages of the drug discovery process
- Perform molecular modeling of macromolecules using integrative computational approaches and experimental data
- Perform docking process of small compounds into macromolecules
- Perform analysis of hits/macromolecule interactions, hits expansion, libraries design, QSAR and ADMET modeling, and multi-parametric optimization
Requirements for the candidates:
- PhD in the field of Bioinformatics, Computational Chemistry, Data Science, or Life Sciences with a computer science background ; 3+ years of relevant experience within industry (pharmaceutical or biotech), or academy required
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change
- Ability to cooperate with people of variety of backgrounds, varying level of understanding of what the bioinformatics is all about and varying personalities
- Extensive knowledge and experience in modeling of RNA-ligand complexes
- Demonstrated expertise in: virtual screening and docking studies; identification of the possible binding sites in the macromolecules (mainly in RNAs); HTS data analysis; pharmacophore modeling; hit identification; hit-to-lead design; sequence-structur alignment (especially of RNA); analysis of experimental data; RNA modeling (homology or de novo); lead optimization; software development etc.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programs: Flare (Cresset); Glide, Maestro (Schrodinger); ICM; AutoDock; rDock is essential . Experience in using molecular modeling and visualization programs is highly desirable: Chimera, Pymol or VMD. Experience with programs for MD simulations: NAMD and / or AmberTools
- Good command of spoken and written English at a level that allows the candidate to read professional scientific literature and actively participate in conference-calls and meetings of project teams
- Commitment, independence, initiative and persistence in action
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Full-time contract for an indefinite period, flexible task-based working time, possibility work in office and home office, stable employment with a fast growing organization (we set ourselves ambitious goals),
- Work in a multidisciplinary, international team with extensive experience, providing the opportunity for professional development and gaining knowledge in the field of research on the development of innovative drugs,
- Non-wage benefits package (medical care Allianz, access to insurance & to sports package),
- Internal and external training courses, conferences, Individual Development Plan (we care for the development of our employees).
If you are interested, please send your application with your CV and a cover letter attached (documents in the form of a PDF file, a cover letter in English) by recruitment form via link:
Please be advised that we will be contacting only selected candidates.